Children are born to move and create and find joy in each day. I believe that when they have opportunities to creatively explore learning through movement, wonder and friendship they will maintain their love of movement as they grow and change over time. I also believe that I can be a powerful force in helping children become the best person they are meant to be through support, respect and appropriate challenges. This comes from a genuine belief that all kids are good and are capable of wondrous achievements when given the space and patience to make choices and mistakes and learn from both. I sincerely and truly adore working with children through movement, dance and music.
• All classes will be structured with a 5-part lesson plan.
• Students are partners in learning, generating movement & choreography ideas in a reflective, brain-compatible format.
• All classes will utilize the Anne Green Gilbert's patterning series, The Braindance. For more information see her website at creativedance.org
• Rocking closes Parent & Tot, Music & Movement and Preschool Dance classes.
• Dancers will develop creative and technical skills over the course of the year and as they progress through the series of classes offered.
• Informances will center primarily on the child's experience.
• Costuming will be affordable and reusable.
• The Purpose of the event will be celebratory and informative.
• Rehearsals will be at times of the day suitable for the younger child.
• Joy is at the core of all learning.
• Respect of others is expected.
• Creativity fires up the mind and keeps it ready to learn.
What People Are Saying...
• "Miss Sara has an ability and way with children that is inspiring, nurturing, and promotes self confidence. She is everything I hoped for when getting my daughter involved with dancing. The environment she creates is positive, uplifting, and FUN! My daughter loves being in Miss Sara's dance classes and looks forward to it as the highlight of her week!"
• "The first time my daughter met Ms. Sara, she walked right into dance class, no hesitation. This was a BIG deal, for my usually reserved girl, but Ms. Sara has a way of making kiddos feel at ease and comfortable. She understands child development and she meets children where they are..."
• Sara Bachman-Rhodes is an incredibly artistic teacher for the young dance student. Sara strives for each child to love learning what they are capable of through movement and music. Our children are always excited about class, and adore Sara. We believe our lives have been enriched by her.